Wednesday, October 14, 2009

So, I have been behind a bit in this class trying to catch up in the Bible as well as in Frye/Plotz. Then I look at the syllabus and find out I completely forgot about The Slave by Singer, so I started that this past weekend. I have found it rather enjoyable although I feel horrible in enjoying this man's troubles until Jacob finally drops the good guy act and does the dirty thang with Wanda. But for real, I really enjoy the man's commitment to the Bible even though his father-in-law wanted him to become a Preacher he didn't all he did was study. He eventually winds up memorizing most of the Bible, we as a class could not even remember the ten major commandments, Jacob on the other hand comes up with 47, and knows there are more to come to him since there are something like 347?!?! This man is dedicated and I don't even know if I could name or remember that many of anything. He also is able to recite numerous prayers on call but this is something that will happen when you find your one true love in life. He is able to engulf his life with Judaism even though it is not around him. Something few people could do today in a world that revolves around the internet (no journals just blogs), video games, and other useless junk would leave a number of us scrambling for the rope hanging in the barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment